Our student base is a diverse one, ranging from people who are looking to become Montessori teachers, to current Montessori teachers and administrators, to childcare practitioners, to parents and grandparents, to homeschoolers.
The course is offered to anyone who would like to:
- Helping children to find out for themselves
- Rather than give them facts
- Nurture curiosity
- Pave the way for children to grow into caring and compassionate adults
- Enable children to self-judge their ability instead of setting tests
A tertiary qualification in any field of study is required. However, under special circumstances the Director of Training may make exceptions to this requirement based on other studies, work or life experience. In the case of applicants from non- English-speaking countries, qualifications must be translated into English and certified by an accredited translator.
Candidates will be considered for admission after completion of the application form and on receipt of all supporting documentation including
- CV (outlining academic and employment history).
- Transcripts of previous tertiary study, certified copies of qualification certificates
- Three signed letters of recommendation, two professional in nature and one a character reference,
- A short autobiographical essay
Once all documentation has been received, an interview with the Director of Training, and on occasion with the Training Centre Manager will be scheduled. If the prospective student holds an AMI Diploma at another level, one recommendation must be from the previous Director of Training.
The 3-6 diploma course is offered in the academic year 2021/2022
The academic year is divided to three semester and classes run from 3pm to 6pm
(Sunday to Thursday with exceptions of some Saturdays.)
Currently MMTC offers AMI training course on:
AMI Montessori Diploma 3 – 6 years for the year 2021/2022
Future courses includes:
- AMI Montessori Assistants Certificate 3 – 6 years
- AMI Montessori Assistance to Infancy Diploma 0-3 years AMI Montessori
- Assistants Certificate 0-3 years
- AMI Montessori Diploma 6- 12 years
- AMI Montessori Assistants Certificate Primary 6 – 12 years
The dates for upcoming courses are updated for each academic year online.
The AMI Diploma is granted upon satisfactory completion of the course requirements which include:
- Attendance at lectures and demonstrations;
- Observations, including submission of observation notes and accompanying assignments;
- Practice Teaching;
- Supervised practice sessions with materials;
- Submission of teaching manuals (reference albums) containing illustrated notes on the Montessori materials;
- Samples of classroom materials constructed during the course;
- Passing marks on both written and oral final examinations conducted by AMI Examiners;
- Upon recommendation of the pedagogical staff of MMTC.
The AMI Diploma is internationally recognized. All AMI Diplomas state the holder has “Studied the principles and practice of the Montessori method for children from 2.5 to 6+ years of age” and has “passed the written and oral examinations”.
Students should note:
Awarding of this AMI Diploma does not qualify the holder to train other teachers.
The tuition for students enrolling in the primary program in Montessori education beginning September 2021 is 4920 BHD distributed in the following:
- Enrolment deposit (non-refundable): 120 BHD – applied towards the first semester tuition
- First Term fee: 1,600 BHD
- Second Term fee: 1,600 BHD
- Third Term fee: 1600 BHD
Upon admission, a non-refundable enrolment deposit of BHD 120 is requested, which is also credited towards the first semester tuition for the academic year 2021/2022.
The tuition of the primary program is billed in 3 payments over the course of study:
The first semester tuition payment of BHD 1,600 is due august 19, 2021.
The fee for the second semester of BHD 1,600 is due December 19, 2021.
The fee for the third semester of BHD 1,600 is due March 20, 2022.
Students who do not complete the program by announced deadlines will be assessed an additional fee based on the rate of the tuition the following year.
The diploma issued by AMI is identical throughout the world, according to the level followed (0-3; 3-6; 6-12). In some countries, national, or regional educational authorities may request additional qualifications.
In the Kingdom of Bahrain, MMTC is among the certified qualifications for teaching in the country.
The course is delivered in English. Should translation be required, the students are welcome to provide an interpreter and share the cost.
MMTC is affiliated with AMI. The Association Montessori Internationale
Accredits training Centre’s throughout the world. These Centre’s offer AMI diploma courses that are internationally recognized for their high standard and authenticity. The courses offered by the Association Montessori Internationale prepare adults to work with children at the level offered.
MMTC staffed by highly qualified AMI teacher trainer, and a pedagogical team of experienced advisors ensures that the objectives of Maria Montessori’s pedagogical principles are maintained. Students are examined by external examiners, appointed by AMI, to further ensure the high standard and integrity of the courses.
For more information about AMI. Visit https://montessori-ami.org/
Apart from the classroom, careers are also available in
- Child development research
- Special needs support
- Psychology and counseling
- Sports education and coaching
- Humanitarian education initiatives
We want you to enjoy living and studying in the Kingdom of Bahrain, build life-long friendships and feel fully supported during your time with us.
Our agent, Jaberi House of Investment provide a selection of safe and friendly environment for our students. Discover our range of student accommodation options and find out how to apply – everything you need to know about accommodation in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
Jaberi house of Investment:
To assist you with your educational expenses for the course in which you enroll, you may wish to contact the admission office. Bahraini Nationals who would like to pursue the AMI Diploma course this September 2021, may login in to Tamkeen for more information on the support provided. You may also along with Tamkeen support get a Student Loan from Bahrain Development Bank BDB. It is advisable to submit the application to MMTC for such supports before August 1st 2021.
- For Tamkeen Support please visit the link here and type Montessori on the link provided:
- For more information about the loan from BDB, please contact BDB.
Manama Montessori Training Centre
Unisono Tower, Flat 501, Building 614, Road 1011, Block 410, Sanabis, Kingdom of Bahrain